I am extremely pleased to announce…
Blue Moon Soup is the Music Connection 2013 Band of the Year!
Blue Moon Soup is an amazing band out of the Yellow Springs area that had just about everything we were looking for in our winner! Here are just a few key things to know about this group that put them in the winning spot:
- They released new and amazing music in 2013 in their 9-track, self-titled album that debuted in September!
- They have high quality recordings available online for you to check out!
- They have well-developed, clear, and concise online content on Facebook and their own site (as well as other sites) making it easy to follow and find out what they are currently working on!
- They have a lot of events both in and out of the Dayton area!
In January 2014, our 2013 Band of the Year will receive:
– 1 promotional blog posting of 150+ words, including photos, links, bio, upcoming shows, etc.
– 1 Facebook ad campaign valued at $20
– 1 year listing on our blog as band of the year
– 1 year listing on our Facebook page as an always featured Like
– band/artist image icon, winner notation, & details on our blog listing
– 50+ song plays
– cover photo promotion
We’ll be releasing a lot more info on this cool acoustic folk group very soon, so stay tuned to find out more about Blue Moon Soup!
Our four runners up – Ashley Martin, The Werks, Scotty Bratcher, and “Good English” were all absolutely amazing acts that are polished, professional, talented, hard-working and can be found right here in the Dayton area! They are well worth your time and energy to check out online and in-person! Here’s a bit more about each of our 2nd through 5th place finishers:
Ashley Martin has been blazing a trail in 2013! From Dayton to Nashville, Alabama to Michigan, and back, she has been hitting the stages with her alternative country jams! She released her debut album, Torn, in August of 2012, and her sophomore album, Put On A Show, has been in the works all of 2013 and will be released January 1, 2014 on iTunes! With rich, powerful vocals and attitude and energy to match, Ashley’s music would be a fantastic addition to any country rock fan’s collection!
The Werks are and have been a staple of the Dayton area jam scene and beyond, practically since they started in 2006! Their last release, a self-titled album from September of 2012, has kept them tremendously busy on tour on 2013, with almost 60 shows all over the eastern half of the U.S., as far west as Colorado, and they even played in Costa Rica this year! Their improvisational and cross-genre jam style has left audience mesmerized for years and should definitely be hitting your playlist regularly!
Scotty Bratcher and his band may be playing the blues, but they’ve got some mad skills and enough high-energy soul to keep you jammin all night! He has played all over Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Ohio and has opened for such legendary acts as Ted Nugent, Foghat, and Peter Frampton, just to name a few! Scotty released a great album in 2013 entitled, All and Nothing More, that you can listen to and buy direct from his website.
“Good English” is a rockin’ trio of sisters who’ve been blowing up the Dayton indie rock scene in 2013! Their first full-length album, Radio Wires, was released in August of 2013, and they’ve rocked out at over 20 shows this year, mainly in Dayton, but as far away as Texas and South Carolina! I was introduced to this band’s music earlier this year courtesy of the videos put out by local music fan, Richard Brown and have been a fan ever since! You should be sure to get “Good English” into your musical itinerary for 2014!